Xantippe is a hypertext/hypergraphics authoring environment for Windows 3.x.
Xantippe allows the author to easily organize bits of information into a
hypertext document. Xantippe encapsulates bits of information into electronic
index cards. These cards can be categorized into file boxes. Hyperlinks can be created between related topics. Keywords can be attached to each card.
Xantippe gives the author all the tools to create electronic handbooks, help
material, training material, and presentations in a hypermedia environment.
Xantippe - The Information Structuring Workbench
Xantippe provides support for all the stages of structuring information.
- The Information Acquisition Phase involves the capturing of bits and pieces of available information.
- The Information Analysis Phase involves discovering of the significance of the bits and pieces and their connection and relationship.
- The Information Exposition Phase involves the presentation of the structured information.
- The Browser provides a graphical overview of the relationship between all the cards in the system.
- The File Box Card is used to hold other cards in the system.
- The Text Card is used to hold textual information. Hypertext links can be made to other cards in the system. Bitmaps can be referenced for compilation into WinHelp.
- The Picture Card is used to hold graphical information. Hyperarea links can be made to other cards in the system.
Xantippe allows the author to easily create hyperlinks with a "select and click" method. Just select the information (text or graphics) to be linked and click on the card to link the information to. Xantippe will store the link and update the link as the hypertext document evolves during the authoring process.
Xantippe allows the author to attach a list of keywords to each card. A keyword can be a word or a phrase that relates to the card and is used during the presentation phase to index the card.
- WinHelp - Xantippe can create all the files needed by the Windows WinHelp Compiler (HPJ, H, RTF) to create a help file for the Windows environment. Xantippe will create the data files and run the compiler to allow the author testing and authoring from within one environment.
- OS/2 2.0 Help - Xantippe can create the IPF file needed by the OS/2 2.0 IPFC help compiler.
- HTML - Xantippe can create HTML file for use in the World Wide Web on the Internet.
- QuickHelp - For text-only DOS-based hypertext, Xantippe can create the files needed by the QuickHelp hypertext help compiler and run the compiler.
- Xantippe - Xantippe, itself, can be used as the presentation environment. Xantippe has a hyperlink mode which allows the author the ability to "read" the hypertext document.
WHERE TO GET XANTIPPE:
- America Online
- CompuServe - WINSDK Forum
HOW TO ORDER XANTIPPE:
Unfortunately, we cannot accept credit cards. Payment must be by
check or money order in US dollars drawn on an American bank. We can
accept certain foreign currencies, certain foreign bank drafts, and
bank transfers please contact IRIS Media Systems for more details.
Xantippe - Shareware US$15.00
Limited version with mini-manual.
Xantippe - Commercial US$99.00
Enhanced version with complete manual.
1) Create projects greater than 30 cards.
2) Work with multiple projects.
3) Ability to print.
California Residents add 8.25% sales tax
Shipping and Handling: US$5.00 inside United States
US$10.00 outside United States
Express shipping available, contact IRIS Media.
IRIS Media Systems
1684 Locust St. Suite #125
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Tel: +1 510 256 4673
Fax: +1 510 256 6353